Here we learn How to change DPI of pictures, posters, magazine images and images of different sizes and set them to different resolutions as needed. It seems too easy to print the image or picture but it may be a difficult task when the DPI value mismatch or printer prints the blurry image or unexpected size. To avoid such issues we need to set it first.
What is DPI
The DPI stands for Dots-Per-Inch. It means how many dots images contain in every inch. The higher DPI means the higher resolution of an image and similarly low DPI mean the lower resolution. The quantity of image relay on the DPI and resolution. The common household printer has 300 dpi approximately and professional printers contain much more than to create high-quality images. The appearance of pictures and images depends directly on the DPI and resolution of it. Now we learn to check present DPI of image and then change DPI according to requirements.
You can Also Check: How to Unblur a Photo
How to Change DPI of an Image by different methods
Many different methods used to change it effectively. Like Adobe Photoshop, GIMP and using Paint tools, etc. To check the current DPI just right click on the picture in Windows. Open properties from the menu then select the Detail. Then from Image carefully check the Horizontal and Vertical resolution values. These are present DPI (Dot Per Inch) of the image. Now you can change it according to your needs or according to your device compatibility. Here we discuss 3 major methods.
Change DPI of an Image in Adobe Photoshop
The DPI is the only measurement of print resolution. The size of the image, picture or file cannot be changed by changing the value of DPI. That image you should think print before crop it. it is the best idea to set the resolution of an image.
- Open Adobe Photoshop
- Just Paste an image in Adobe Photoshop
- Got to Image > Image Size
- Then uncheck Resample Image
- Go to Resolution change its value and notice how the Width and Height values also changed
- By this process, you can maximize and minimize the DPI.
Change DPI of an Image in GIMP
The GIMP stands for GNU-Image-Manipulation-program. It is an open-source image editing software. One can easily use it to change the DPI of an image.
- To change DPI in GIMP. Start GIMP
- Now Click Image > Print Size
- Now Put your required value in X-Resolution and Y-Resolution
- Make sure that the quality of the pic remains good to use the DPI should not be too low.
Change DPI of an Image in Paint
The image resolution is also very important in graphics or social media platform. Sometimes the websites or apps require low-resolution images. Which makes trouble for the user. Now we learn how to decrease or increase DPI by using simple MS PAINT which is available in windows.
- Just open your image in MS PAINT.
- From menu select File and then Properties.
- Check current Resolution from File Attribute.
- Click in the Pixel checkbox. Then you can change the length and width of the image.
How to change DPI of an image in Mac
Similarly, Mac users also adjust the size of their image like windows very easily.
- Just open your image in Preview.
- Click on Tools and then Adjust Size.
- Uncheck the box label as Resample Image.
- By using Inches you can change the size of an image.
Make sure pic contain at least 300 pixels per inch for best resolution.
How to change The DPI online
The one can change DPI manually and online by using different DPI converters like Clideo. You need to open these converts and select the desired image and change its DPI to 72,150,200,300,400,600 or custom value. Many other options are also available like Google Converter etc.